Windows Server Solutions Best Practices Analyzer 1.0 (Windows Server Solutions BPA) is a diagnostic tool that is built on the Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer (MBCA) technology. Windows Server Solutions BPA scans a computer that is running the Windows server solutions software, and compares the existing server settings to a predefined set of recommended best practices.
Windows Server Solutions BPA performs the following tasks:
- Gathers information about a server that is running Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard, Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials, Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials, or Windows Multipoint Server 2011
- Determines if the server settings comply with a set of best practices that are recommended by Microsoft
- Provides a report of the scan results, which identifies variances from the recommended best practices
- Identifies conditions that may lead to problems with the server
- Recommends solutions to potential problems