When you trying to recover a deleted Exchange 2010 public folder from Outlook, we received the following error:
"Outlook was unable to recover some or all of the items in this folder. Make sure you have the required permissions to recover items in this folder and try again. If the problem persists contact your administrator"
We can resolve this issue following these steps:
1. Download ExFolder from the following link: http://msexchangeteam.com/files/12/attachments/entry453398.aspx
2. Unzip the file, copy the Exfolders.exe to "Program files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin"
3. Run the reg file to import it.
4. Start Exfolders.exe. Select Public Folder, Global Catalog, public folder Database. Click OK
5. Right click the parent folder contains the deleted folder, choose Show Deleted subfolders. (Deleted folders will be listed with red folder names)
6. Right click the folder you would like to recover, choose Recover folder. (It will displayed normally now)
7. In the right window, select Items and check whether items can be displayed or not.
Note: To recover deleted items, select Deleted contents under Items tab, right click the item and choose "Recover items"