When you start Microsoft Outlook 2010 for the first time, your nickname cache (stored in the profilename.nk2 file) is imported into a hidden message in your default message store.
Note profilename is the name of your Outlook profile.
If you are using a Microsoft Exchange account, the nickname cache is imported into a hidden message in the Exchange mailbox.
So we have to import the nk2 file …
To import .nk2 files into Outlook 2010, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the .nk2 file is in the following folder:
Note The .nk2 file must have the same name as your current Outlook 2010 profile. By default, the profile name is "Outlook." To check the profile name, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Mail.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type outlook.exe /importnk2, and then click OK. This should import the .nk2 file into the Outlook 2010 profile.
Note After you import the .nk2 file, the contents of the file are merged into the existing nickname cache that is currently stored in your mailbox.
Note The .nk2 file is renamed with a .old file name extension on the first start of Outlook 2010. Therefore, if you try to re-import the .nk2 file, remove the .old file name extension.
Fix it is available direcly in the KB link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980542/en-us